Head of Department
Professor, Doctor of Technical Sciences
(founded in 2011)
For the first time in 2013 among the other Universities of Ukraine and the EU, Department organized a «Bachelor» educational programme of in the specialty «Technological expertise and food safety» and «Master» since 2017.
Training of the educational programme «Technological expertise and food safety», which focused in organization of production of high-quality and safe food products, determination of quality and safety of raw materials and finished product, characterization and selection of equipment, which ensure the quality and safe food, to assess whether a product conforms to the requirements of technical regulations or revealing violations of the accounting of raw materials and others materials in the technological process and etc.
Examination of technological stages of food production helps to determine the possibilities of using the most effective and economical technologies for the production of high-quality, safe, competitive food products in practice.
The batch of students to have studied under that programme will be conducive to the quality and safety of Ukrainian food products, increase its competitiveness in the world market, harmonize the standardization of quality and safety of food with the best international experience in the food industry and expand the export markets of Ukraine.
Giving the production demand, department is training specialists of masters programme «Quality, standardization and certification». The opening of this specialization at the university coincides with the general tendencies of the intensification of European integration, the protection of consumer rights, the improvement of the quality of products and the image of domestic manufacturers.
Education training at the department of foodstuff expertise has a number of significant advantages, the main ones are:
- high-quality education and international recognition of the diploma is ensured by the teaching of disciplines similar to those set forth in EU HEIs;
- there are possibles to continue studying on the masters programme, postgraduate study, doctoral studies;
- cooperation with leading organizations in the field of standardization, certification and conformity assessment, food manufacturing enterprises, certification and conformity assessment bodies, state-level institutions for standardization, certification and accreditation;
- providing a modern material and technical base for conducting laboratory exercises and performing scientific research;
- the acquisition the experience of developing quality management systems and food safety;
- the acquisition the experience development of regulatory documents;
- participation in international conferences of quality and safety of food products;
- a seasonal employment of students and graduates on pioneer companies of food and pharmaceutical industry, on pioneer organizations of standardization and certification, organizations of conformity assessment and accreditation, testing laboratories.
Graduates of the Department of Foodstuff Expertise are experts in the important direction for today - specialization in the development and implementation of quality management systems and food safety systems, which is based for activity for food enterprise according the Law of Ukraine «On the basic principles and requirements for food quality and safety».
Our graduates that got knowledge on the educational program «Technological expertise and food safety» and the educational program «Quality, standardization and certification» occupy positions in various organizations and institutions:
FOZZY GROUP – specialist of the expertise department;
National Accreditation Agency of Ukraine – specialist of the accreditation department of inspection bodies
Bureau Veritas – specialist of the quality, standardization and certification
Mironivsky Hliboproduct (TTM «Nasha Ryaba», «Lehko», «Baschinsky», «Qualiko») – Quality Director, Quality Inspector
Kiev City Laboratory Center of the Ministry of Health of Ukraine – metrology technician
State Scientific Research Institute for Laboratory Diagnostics and Veterinary-Sanitary Expertise – chief quality officer
Kyiv Margarine Factory – chemical laboratory assistant
Soybean Factory Agroprod – chief technologist
Kiev confectionary factory "Roshen" – junior quality specialist