Head of the Department
Berezianko Tamara Volodymyrivna
Professor, Doctor of Economic Sciences
(founded in 2018)
The Department of Labour Economics and Management was created by uniting one of the oldest (1979, the Department of Organization and Planning in Food-processing Industry → Management → Management and Administration) and the youngest (2011, the Department of Human Resources and Labour Economics) departments of the university.
The faculty team of the department prepare bachelors and masters by specialities 073 “Management” (of which such specializations (educational programs) as “Organizational Management and Administration”, “Foreign Economic Activity Management”, “Logistics”) and 076 “Entrepreneurship, Trade and Stock Exchange” (educational program “Human Resources and Labour Economics”).
According to the official ratings of the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine in recent years, the specialty 073 "Management" has traditionally made the top three. The demand of entrants for the educational program "Human Resources and Labour Economics" is driven by the world trend that has reached our country: the need in high-end professionals in managing the most valuable resources of the company – human resources.
COMPETITIVE ADVANTAGES OF THE DEPARTMENT OF LABOUR ECONOMOCS AND MANAGEMENT OF NUFT ARE:
- an opportunity for its students and teachers to do an internship, a placement or study in double degree programs in European Union countries (the department team cooperates with educational institutions of France, Lithuania, Switzerland, and Poland as participant in international programs of exchange and learning mobility like PRORES, SCOPES, ERASMUS+)
- ENGLISH PROJECT (at the request of students studying is held in English in small groups) which opens up prospects of employment and career growth in international companies in Ukraine and abroad
- an opportunity for students to practise work in such professional application packages like Project Expert, Parus, 1C: Enterprise, QD Professional, MD Office, automated systems ERP, WMS, TMS, etc. when studying courses related to the use of IT-digital technologies in management and personnel management. To meet these needs, the department have equipped a classroom with modern computers and multimedia equipment
- also have adapted the curriculum that prepare future managers and HR managers to the needs of employers having taken into consideration the recommendations of the partner companies and having included into curriculum the courses which are taught at European universities at the same specialties
- the teaching process is ensured by a positive and professional team of teachers who combine teaching activities with a job in the field being taught. Among them there are 19% of doctors, 65% of candidates of economic sciences (Ph. D.)
- Lecturers at specialized courses and practical classes are top managers, line managers, HR-specialists of leading companies and government agencies, entrepreneurs and startupers
One of the key areas of the department’s – work is support in internship and job placement of students, including through networking with graduates occupying managerial (HR) positions in manufacturing, IT, media, PR and telecommunications companies, FMCG, logistics, customs services, HoReCa, audit and consulting, credit and financial, recruiting services, etc.