Head of the Department
Zainchkovskyi Anatolii Oleksandrovych
Professor, Doctor of Economic Sciences
(founded in 1930)
This is one of the oldest departments of the university which has been functioning over 80 years and provides professional training in specialty 051 Economics I-IV (bachelor, master, doctor of philosophy, doctor of sciences) higher education accreditation levels and in specialty 073 Management (Management of Financial and Economic Security of the Enterprise).
An economist is a specialist in the field of economics, a person with a high level of intellectual communicative skills. Her/his knowledge combined with managerial and analytical expertise enables her/him to collect, process and organize information about economic phenomena and processes, to analyze the course and outcomes of an economic activity, to evaluate its success and possibilities of its improvement, with forecasting, perspective and current planning.
Comparatively young Ukrainian businesses need not diplomas for their own sake but theoretical knowledge and practical skills which are mastered by faculty members, graduates, and practitioners at all economic activity levels who collaborate with the Department’s students during their studies. Consequently, the Department employs and encourages authorial courses by faculty members, creative methodology tools, such as business games and case studies, invitation of experts and potential employers for educational cycle diversification.
- Highly qualified and experienced faculty.
- Collaboration with European universities, student exchange programs.
- Authorial courses and approaches to teaching by faculty, as well as participation in international educational programs.
- English-language project - training in English at the request of students.
- Universal economic education in any business sphere.
- Convenient location of the university and available housing.
- Modern teaching methods and conducting practical lessons and seminars.
- Academic curriculum adapted to the current needs of the labor market and the requirements of future employers.
- Frequent open lectures from practitioners in the field of economic activity, graduates of the Department, directors and business owners.
- Collaboration with leading international and domestic corporations aimed at the exchange of skills, experience and creation of specialized training courses for students.
- Open and warm relations between students and faculty.