Educational and Methodical Directorate is an independent structural subdivision of the university. The strategic task of the department is to improve the organization of the training process in accordance with the requirements of state and departmental educational standards. Based on the coordination of educational and scientific-methodical work of faculties and departments of management provides information support for educational activities of the university. The EMD directs its activities to improve the organization of the educational process, its educational and methodological support, taking into account the capabilities of modern innovative learning technologies in order to strengthen the position of the university in the international educational community. Educational and Methodical Directorate operates in accordance with the Statute of the National University of Food Technologies and in its activities is guided by legislative acts of Ukraine on education, regulations of the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine, rector's orders and Regulations on the organization of the educational process at the National University of Food Technologies.
The main tasks of directorate are:
- Development of projects of university normative, instructive and organizational-methodical documents on planning and organization of educational current process, scientific-methodical work, licensing and accreditation.
- Planning and scientific organization of the educational process at the university.
- Coordination of educational and scientific-methodical work of faculties and departments. Organization of development of components of scientific and methodical support of educational process.
- Analysis of the course of the educational process, the results of control measures: modular control, credit-examination sessions, state exams, course and qualification works (bachelors, diploma, masters).
- Formation of computer databases of working curricula.
- Control over the compliance of working curricula with educational and professional programs.
- Automated calculation of the workload of departments.
- Accounting and control of the workload of departments.
- Calculation of the needs of departments in teaching staff for the academic year.
- Management of the organization of all types of student internships.
- Accounting for the dynamics of the student body.
- Preparation of orders for the production of documents on education.
- Generalization of results, analysis and dissemination of best practices of educational and scientific-methodical work of faculties and departments.