Head of Department
Yakymchuk Mykola Volodymyrovych
Professor, Doctor of Technical Sciences
(founded in 1930)
The department of technological equipment and computer technology design qualifies specialists in the specialty:
- Bachelor Educational Degree: 133 - «Sectoral engineering» according to educational program «Engineering of food and biotechnological productions»
- Master's Educational Degree: «Sectoral engineering» according to educational program «Engineering of food productions»
The department qualifies Doctors of Philosophical Sciences and Doctors of Sciences in the specialty 133 «Sectoral engineering».
The department has the annual admission of students for full-time and distance learning. Postgraduate college and technical schools students enter the 2nd-3rd year of studying in a short program based on the results of the vocational examination. Graduates from other colleges and technical schools also have the possibility to study in a short program.
Over the years of its existence the department has qualified approximately a couple of thousand highly qualified specialists.
Graduates of the department has the wide range of future employment area:
- Food industry enterprises and sectoral engineering
- Information systems and technologies area
- CAD design technologies
- Construction, modeling, installation and technical service of food industry equipment
- Production management
- Design and technical audit of food industry enterprises
- Scientific, pedagogical and administrative management activity.
In the department there is an operating centre of computed-aided design, which is equipped with the latest computer technology. New learning technologies are constantly being introduced based on the use of modern software and technical courseware. All term and diploma papers and master's theses are written by students using computer-aided design systems. The department has three specialized training laboratories equipped with appropriate electronic demonstration stands, equipment mock-ups and laboratory equipment. Students undergo practical training in modern enterprises, carry out real graduation projects and master's theses.
The educational process at the department is provided with modern textbooks, teaching materials, lecture notes and other educational and methodical developments.